Monday, November 23, 2009

This Generation

estover- necessities allowed by law
estrade- raised platform

So flaky people are one of my pet peeves.  I don't like it when people are late.  It is a problem with my generation.  So many people my age are consistently late to work, school, church and social functions.  It's extremely rude to the people who are on time.  It shows that their time is a lot more valuable than the others.  This idea goes along with constantly texting when in social situations.  If I am at lunch with a friend and he or she is texting every minute or so, the entire time, I feel like I am not important enough to spend time with and the person on the other end of the phone is more prevalent to the person I am with.  It's just straight up rude.  Another thing that bothers me is a person who won't commit to any plans because they are waiting for something better to come along.  If you can't commit to plans with people for real, because of family situations or other things that are worth it, I understand.  Just don't be noncommittal in the beginning and decide that at the last minute, because nothing better came along, you can go to whatever it is. Flaky and noncommittal people drive me absolutely crazy and it is a current problem with our generation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment